So a lot happened in 2012. I completed my first year working at UMD (and also the 1 year mark of living in Duluth). I had some fun travels and experiences. I thought I’d do a little recap of the year for you (both for the blog & real life).
2012 Resolutions – I made a couple resolutions at the beginning of the year. Let’s see how I did.
- Read 30 fun books with at least 15 of them being borrowed or already owned. Yeah, didn’t make it to the 30 book mark and really didn’t meet the 50% of them not being new piece. I blame getting into a new genre (young adult) of novels. And, I just have fun purchasing books and reading them. For 2013, I’m not setting a specific number to meet, I just want to enjoy reading books for the sake of reading.
- Complete at least one 30 day photography challenge. I completed this in August & September. I had so much fun with the challenge. I got to know my new dSLR camera and got to explore some new-to-me areas of Duluth. Super fun! Maybe I’ll try another 30 day photo challenge in 2013.
- Travel. Yep! Louisville, KY; Berkeley, CA; North Shore of Lake Superior (in MN); SE Wisconsin
- Live healthier. Always in progress. I started doing on-campus health coaching (an awesome feature of preventative health care offered to U of M employees) and will be continuing to do that in 2013. I figure living healthier is something I can always strive to work on.
- Complete more pins on Pinterest. Yep! I’ve tried to try more things through my cooking, crafting, & decorating boards. Check out my Pins Completed board on Pinterest.
- Be a better blogger. Hmmm. I don’t know if I met this one or not. For my own blog, I know that I haven’t been very consistent with posting. For work, we started a blog for our office and we’ve been having some decent success with that one. I think a lot of my blogging energy during the later half of 2012 went to the work blog. Need to figure out better balance in 2013.
Top Posts (by # of Clicks)
- Desk Makeover
- Click Clack of Needles
- What’s Now? Goals of the Academic Year
- 30 Day Photo Challenge: Days 1-5
- Campus Photo Walk: UC Berkeley
My Favorite Posts (in no particular order)
- My Brush with Fame…YHL Style (book signing for the Young House Love book)
- 29 for 29 (made an epic list of 29 things to do during my 29th year)
- What Wants a Friend? (review of the book MWF Seeking BFF and got some really solid comments from people)
- Photo Friday: Tettegouche State Park (one of my favorite hikes from 2012)
- My Voice at the Table (reflection from after I attended the ACPA National Convention in March)
Favorite Blogs to Read
- Elise Blaha: enJOY it
- Young House Love
- Bower Power
- Iowa Girl Eats
- Angela B. Pan Photography
- Campfire Chic
Favorite Experiences of 2012
- Got lost in the worlds of The Hunger Games and Divergent.
- Visited Louisville, KY, for the ACPA National Convention with my friend Stephanie. Went to Churchill Downs (Kentucky Derby track), ate a lot of good food, and learned a lot.
- Thought of 29 things to do during my 29th year. I wonder if I’ll get them all done.
- Knitting was my craft of choice.
- Hiking done: Gooseberry Falls State Park, Tettegouche State Park, Voyageurs National Park, Moose Lake State Park, Temperance River State Park, Cascade River State Park, Grand Portage State Park, and Oberg Mountain in the Superior National Forest.
- Went to Berkeley, CA, for the Global Internship Conference. Met up with my friend Laura there. Explored the UC Berkeley campus.
- Purchased and am in love with my Canon Rebel T2i dSLR camera.
- Completed a 30 day photography challenge.
- Took a 2 week vacation at the end of July & beginning of August. I stayed in Madison & Milwaukee for the bulk of it.
- Reunited IRL (in real life) with my friend Kristen who lives in Ohio – oh so far away from Duluth.
- Was a bridesmaid for my Jennifer this summer. So fun to be a part of her special day!
- Took a day roadtrip with my mom. We drove Minnesota’s entire north shore of Lake Superior (Duluth to the Canadian border, and back).
- Started supervising about half of the students who work in my office.
- I’m ready to enjoy 2013.