Posts, blogs, & books, oh my!
As 2011 is winding down, I wanted to review my favorite posts, blogs, and books read for the past year.
11. Sisterly Bonding: discovered Duluth with my sister during the 4th of July holiday
10. Power Vacationers: covers days 3 and 4 of the road trip my sister and I took out to the Dakotas in May. In these two days, we thoroughly explored the Badlands and Black Hills.
9. I’ve Graduated: celebrated earning my Master’s Degree
8. Photo Friday: North Shore of Lake Superior: I love the photos in this post. They cover Gooseberry Falls State Park, Split Rock Lighthouse Historic Site, and various pullouts along the road on the North Shore.
7. Growing Pains of Job Hunting: covered some of my ups and downs of the post-Master’s job search.
6. 100 Things for the 100th Post: shared some fun facts about myself while celebrating a blogging milestone.
5. Explore: #oneword2011: my life during 2011 explained with just one word.
4. My Best Day in Student Affairs: discussed why I love working in Student Affairs on a college campus.
3. Deciding to Be More in B’more: results of attending my first national professional association conference.
2. Things I’ve Learned at UW-Whitewater: summed up my 3 years of working at UWW while in graduate school.
1. How to Find Blogs to Read: top post in terms of number of direct hits this year.
Blogs (not in any particular rank order since I read these daily or as soon as something new is posted)
– Peanut Butter Fingers: fitness, food, life, etc.
– Young House Love: DIY everything from a whole kitchen to art work
– Bower Power: another young DIY couple & photography
– First Class Great Outdoors: exploring the outdoors in style
– Healthy Living in a Hectic World: healthy living, social media, technology
– Iowa Girl Eats: so many awesome recipes!
– Running off the Reeses: Texas girl who runs, loves chocolate, has a sassy dog, & is hilarious
– Carrots n’ Cake: enjoying life while still being healthy
– Becca Obergefell: I just love her writing, plus she is in student affairs.
– Meals and Miles: fitness, food, life, fun, etc.
– Anywhere There’s an Airport: expat now living in Spain after she found love
Books (some of my favorites read during the past year – again not in rank order)
– Ranger Confidential: Andrea Lankford
– The Lost Girls: Jennifer Baggett, Holly Corbett, & Amanda Pressner
– Ansel Adams in the National Parks
– The Help: Kathryn Stockett
– My Life in France: Julie Child with Alex Prud’homme
– Remember Me?: Sophie Kinsella
– Sisterhood Everlasting: Ann Brashares
– American Wife: Curtis Sittenfeld
– The Good Girl’s Guide to Getting Lost: Rachel Friedman
– The Choice: Nicholas Sparks
– Knit the Season: Kate Jacobs
What were some of your favorite things for 2011?