Today’s post is covering a major milestone for my blog – the 100th post. I thought it be fun to do something related to the number 100. I broke it all down into 10 categories to share a little be more information about myself. Have fun reading! Side note: none of these lists are in rank order…that would have taken way too long.
1. Books I’ve Read
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Cry, the Beloved Country – Alan Paton
- Harry Potter series – JK Rowling
- The City of Falling Angels – John Berendt
- Eat, Pray, Love – Elizabeth Gilbert
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
- Ansel Adams in the National Parks
- The Storm: What went wrong and why during Hurricane Katrina
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series – Ann Brashares
- Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl – Anne Frank
- Jane Austen Book Club
- Pride and Prejudice (Kiera Knightly verison)
- The Holiday
- Harry Potter series
- Julie & Julia
- Finding Nemo
- The Family Stone
- 10 Things I Hate About You
- The Devil Wears Prada
3. Places Traveled
- Yellowstone National Park (Wyoming)
- Olympic Peninsula (Washington State)
- Badlands National Park (South Dakota)
- La Grande, Oregon
- Black Hills (South Dakota)
- Portland, Oregon
- Columbia River Gorge area (Oregon)
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Baltimore, Maryland (Inner Harbor area)
- North Shore of Lake Superior (Minnesota)
4. Places I Want to Travel to
- Washington, D.C.
- Yosemite National Park (California)
- Acadia National Park (Maine)
- Glacier National Park (Montana)
- Seattle, WA
5. TV Shows (most of these are no longer airing new episodes)
- Gilmore Girls
- The West Wing
- Will & Grace
- Ace of Cakes
- Army Wives
- So You Think You Can Dance
- Anything on Food Network or HGTV
6. Books To Read
- Home: A Memoir of My Early Years – Julie Andrews
- How College Affects Students: A Third Decade of Research
- An Inconvenient Truth – Al Gore
- One Day – David Nicholls
- Theodore Roosevelt – Nathan Miller
- Things I’ve Been Silent About – Azar Nafisi
- In Defense of Food – Michael Pollan
- Girl on the Couch: Life, Love, & Confessions of a Normal Neurotic – Lorna Martin
- Empowering Women in Higher Education and Student Affairs
- First Class Great Outdoors
- Peanut Butter Fingers
- Young House Love
- Anywhere There’s an Airport
- Healthy Living in a Hectic World
- Iowa Girl Eats
- Running Off the Reeses
- Student Affairs Collaborative
- Then Heather Said
- Student Branding Blog
8. Things I Like About Blogging
- Work on my writing
- Share my thoughts on the student affairs field
- Share my photography
- Connect with people
- I love that your blog can be whatever you want it to be
- Keep friends and family updated with life when I’m not nearby
- Reflect on the work I get to do with college students
- Something to do in my free time
- A way to keep myself accountable
- It’s fun 🙂
9. Favorite Posts
- 6 Months = Completely Different Life
- A Summer of Learning
- EOU Internship Week 5: Thank You!
- Last Day to be an Intern
- Things I’ve Learned at UW-Whitewater
- I’ve Graduated!
- What’s in a Brand?
- I Have a Job!
- Hiking & Wine: Pacific Northwest Style
- To Portland & Back
10. Random Info About Me
- I’ve seen Niagara Falls in a blizzard.
- I like sour candy. Sour Patch Kids are a favorite.
- My favorite Jolly Rancher flavor is cherry.
- My favorite season is Fall, closely followed by Spring.
- Before I settled on Oregon for a summer internship site, I was also looking in New England.
- My favorite scents are apple, pumpkin, and cinnamon.
- When I worked at Pier 1, I could identify all of our candles by scent and color (and we had lots of browns/creams/whites).
- One of my favorite colors is pink (along with teal, green, and purple).
- I LOVE photography…especially nature photography.
- My favorite non-higher education job was working at Pier 1 imports.