The past few days have consisted of me having a serious itch to travel somewhere new. Granted, I did just go on a big road trip out to the Dakotas with my sister two months ago. Now I’m trying to figure out where to travel to next.
Here are some ways I’ve been combating this little travel bug:
- Finally printed, framed, and hung a few pictures from last summer when I lived in Oregon for 2 months.
Driftwood at First Beach, Pacific Ocean, Olympic Peninsula (WA)
Terra Blanca Winery & Estate Vineyard (WA)
- I found a cool travel website called The Lost Girls. It has great travel articles and stories geared towards younger women. I also picked up the book The Lost Girls by the authors of the website. 3 women who leave their lives in New York City to travel the world (true story).
- I also picked up the book The Good Girl’s Guide to Getting Lost which is also a travel memoir.
- I started editing pictures from my trip to the Dakotas. Finally!
Theodore Roosevelt National Park (ND)
- I’m traveling vicariously through a friend of mine who is in California visiting Yosemite, Sequoia, and King’s Canyon National Parks.
- I’m planning myself a mini day trip to explore a piece of the North Shore along Lake Superior. I figure if I don’t have the time or money to travel far…I’ll travel locally. 🙂
- I’ve gone scouting around the internet for travel blogs/websites to follow. There seems to be a plethora of blogs about people traveling internationally, which is great. However, I’m also looking for sites chronicling travels in the US. Please let me know if you have any recommendations!
I have a huge list of places I would like to see and travel to. A bucket list, if you will. Here is a snapshot of the list.
- Glacier National Park in Montana
- Yosemite National Park in California
- Acadia National Park in Maine
- Great Smokey Mountains National Park in Tennessee and North Carolina
- Paris, France
- Barcelona & Madrid, Spain
- Prague, Czech Republic
Acadia National Park (Maine) Photo by: Lee Coursey