This morning I was reading through my standard morning blogs and I came across a post from Julie at Peanut Butter Fingers recapping the past month. She did it as a quick way to help remind her readers of some of the bigger things that happened during the month of June. Her post inspired me to take a look at highlights and changes that have happened in my own life during the past six months. 2011 has been quite the year so far. Without further ado, here are some of the highlights.
- Resolutions for 2011 were announced. I had hoped that by publishing these, that I might actually stick with them this year. Check out the Resolutions page to see my progress.
- I shared some of the growing pains related to job hunting that I was experiencing.
- My blog celebrated its 1st birthday!
- I got a job!!
- I attended the national convention for ACPA (American College Personnel Association) and learned how to BE MORE in B’more. (Also of interest: an update from during the convention.)
- I finished my internship with the UW-Madison College of Letters & Science Career Services office.
- I graduated with my Master’s Degree!
I vacationed on a road trip with my sister out to the Dakotas. The vacation served as a much needed break after a crazy final year of grad school.
- Bluffs & Farm Fields (Road Trip Day 1)
- Little Car on the Prairie (Road Trip Day 2)
- Power Vacationers (Road Trip Days 3 & 4)
- Advice from the Night Sky (Road Trip Day 5)
- I finished my 3 year graduate assistantship with Career & Leadership Development at UW-Whitewater.
- And finally, I started my new job at the University of Minnesota Duluth!
So, in 6 months I went from student to professional, moved to a different state, and have essentially started a new life. Well, not a new life…just a new chapter. Or, a new part, like the books that are divided into parts and then further into chapters. Yes, I’ve started a new “part” of my life story.
How has 2011 treated you so far?